Transitioning Off of Hormonal Birth Control with Maddie Scannapieco
CLICK PLAY TO LISTEN ABOUT TRANSITIONING OFF HORMONAL BIRTH CONTROL:
Here’s what to expect from this episode:
Ever felt that unsettling uncertainty when considering the switch off hormonal birth control? You're not alone. In this episode, Maddie and I delve deep into the often-overlooked effects of birth control on the body.
From actionable advice for a seamless transition to demystifying the perplexing world of post-birth control syndrome, we guide you every step of the way. Dive into holistic techniques, explore essential diet and lifestyle adjustments, and get the lowdown on when and how to approach testing.
No matter where you stand - whether you're contemplating a change, knee-deep in the transition, or navigating post-use symptoms - we've crafted this episode just for you. So, ready to unearth these invaluable insights? Dive in with us!
Maddie Scannapieco is a Functional Diagnostic Nutrition Practitioner specializing in women’s gut and hormone health. She helps women get to the root cause of and heal frustrating symptoms like acne, PMS, IBS, thyroid conditions and more by understanding the “why” and restoring function in the body to get back to optimal health. She uses functional testing in her practice like GI Map, DUTCH and HTMA testing and follows a “test vs. guess” methodology to get life changing results based on individualized data.
Topics covered on transitioning off birth control:
- Maddie’s own journey with birth control
- The effects of birth control has on your hormone levels and menstrual cycles
- What is post-brith control syndrome and what symptoms to look out for
- The impact of diet and lifestyle on your hormone health and gut issues
- What is leaky gut, the causes and how to heal it
- The lack of information about risks and side effects from doctors prescribing birth control pills
- How to prepare your body for at least three months before stopping the pill
- What foods to be avoiding when getting off the pill and the core foods you should be focusing on to allow your body to reset better
- Maddie’s top recommendation when it comes to hormone testing that will give you the best accuracy and information
- What alternative methods you can look at to help prevent pregnancy
- Maddie's Instagram post on Why You Should Be Going to Sleep Before 11pm
- Beyond the Pill by Dr. Joelne Brighten
- Womancode: Perfect Your Cycle, Amplify Your Fertility, Supercharge Your Sex Drive, and Become a Power Source by Alyssa Vitti
- In the Flo: Unlock Your Hormonal Advantage and Revolutionize Your Life by Alyssa Vitti
- Period Repair Manual: Natural Treatment for Better Hormones and Better Periods by Lara Briden Nd
- Register for my FREE Training, 3 Steps to Transform Your Body with Macros
- Sign up for my transformative 8-week course, The Macro Body Method
- Looking to make a transformation of your own with the accountability and support to get you there in 16 weeks? Apply for the Macro Accelerator Program
Connect with Maddie:
Connect with Dani:
- Episode 5: 6 Strategies to Get Consistent with Your Health Journey
- Episode 2: Will Macros Work For Me?
- Episode 1: 5 Changes I Made That Transformed My Body
More about Mindin’ My Wellness:
The Mindin’ My Wellness podcast is for busy, motivated and health-empowered women who are ready to kick old dieting mentalities to the curb and step into transformed health to look and FEEL their best, without sacrificing a life well-lived. Each week, your host Dani Marenburg and her guests will share top tips on all things macros, movement, mindset and everything in between. You'll learn simple, effective and sustainable tips you can take away from each episode and implement in your daily life to look and feel like the best version of you.